I’ll make this as short and delicious as possible!! :)))
This is one of the easiest desserts you can prepare…and it’s a quick fix to chocolate and sweet cravings..
I make this with unsweetened cocoa powder…really brings out the chocolate flavour. And this time, I had some leftover chocolate cake trimmings that I added to the bottom of the cups! (I have hearts coming out of my eyes!)
Hope you and your loved ones like this as much as we do… :))
Add all the ingredients into a medium saucepan and whisk until smooth.
Put the saucepan on medium heat and stir gently and continuously until the pudding starts to bubble. At this point, you will get this amazing chocolatey aroma.
Cook for a further 1 minute and remove from heat. Pour the pudding into cups; cover the tops with cling film and put in the fridge for at least 2 hours before serving. This tastes great when it’s very cold.
Note: If you have left over cake/cupcake trimmings, you can cut them up and put them in the bottom of the cups before pouring the pudding. It tastes even better that way ;)
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder (I use dark chocolate cocoa powder)
- 3 tablespoons corn starch
- 2 cups milk
- a pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Sift the cocoa powder and corn starch into a medium sized saucepan.
- Add the sugar, salt, vanilla and milk
- Whisk until all the lumps have been smoothened.
- Place the saucepan on medium heat and gently stir continuously for about 15 minutes. At this point the pudding will start to thicken.
- Once the pudding starts bubbling, cook for a further minute and remove from heat.
- Pour into prepared cups. Cover with cling film and refrigerate for about 2 hours (until chilled).
- Garnish with coconut or chopped nuts of your choice.
- With the large cups I used, I was only able to fill 3 cups; with regular ramekins, this recipe serves 4.