It’s been a while… Things have been running wild and keeping me busy as we approach the end of 2013..
but I’m back…and I’m ready to bake..and take photos and post!! Yaay me!
I baked these rolls in August..that’s how backlogged my recipes are :/
They are super easy to make and they definitely are a crowd pleaser. Best thing, you can prep them before hand and keep them refrigerated for a couple of days until you’re ready to bake them!
Very basic ingredients needed: 1 pack puff pastry (400 gram), 1/4 cup granulated sugar, 1 teaspoon vanilla, 1 pack (225 grams) philadelphia cream cheese, about 1 cup chocolate chips.
Put the cream cheese in a bowl and cream it up with your spatula. Add the sugar and vanilla and mix well.
Roll out the puff pastry until it’s nice and thin.
Spread the cream cheese/sugar mixture evenly, but keeping about 1 c.m. away from the edges. Sprinkle the chocolate chips all around.
Roll the puff pastry tightly (starting from the shorter side)
Wrap in cling film. Refrigerate for about 2 hours.
Unwrap the chilled puff pastry roll. Slice thinly (about 1/3 of an inch).
Neatly place on a lined baking tray/sheet about 2 inches apart. Bake in pre-heated oven for about 25 – 30 minutes or until golden brown.
Eat warm (not hot..hot cheese buuuurns :'( ) or eat cold…either way, it tastes great!!!
- 1 pack puff pastry (400 grams)
- 1 pack Philadelphia cream cheese (225 grams)
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup chocolate chips (I used semi-sweet)
- In a medium sized bowl, mix the cream cheese, sugar and vanilla until smooth and creamy.
- Thinly roll out the puff pastry into a rectangle (16 x 11 inches (40cm x 28cm)).
- Evenly spread the cream cheese mixture onto the rolled out puff pastry.
- Sprinkle the chocolate chips over the cream cheese.
- Tightly roll the puff pastry starting from the shorter side of the rectangle. Wrap well in cling film and refrigerate for 2 hours (or more depending on when you want to bake them).
- Preheat oven to 170 degrees C (340 degrees F). Line a baking sheet (or oven tray) with baking paper.
- Remove the cling film from the chilled puff pastry roll. Thinly slice into half inch (1.2cm) slices.
- Place on baking sheet and back for about 25 - 30 minutes or until golden brown.