You know when you have a cookie, or cake, or any other dessert, and it tastes great..but it’s so decadent that although you want to have more, you just can’t?? Well…these cookies aren’t anything like that. In fact, have as many as you want…and you’ll still want more, and best thing..you’ll be able to have more! ;))
A few months ago my sister sent me a picture of a pack of Reese’s Peanut Butter Baking Chips and asked if I wanted any…she was at a supermarket in Riyadh…which is very far from where I live…and well, this particular item was not available anywhere else! Anyway, I found my sister’s question quite insulting!! Do I want some?? DO I???? REALLY?? :o
I baked peanut butter cookies before but I’ve never used peanut butter chips…so this was a new territory for me…maybe…somewhat :p
On the back there’s this recipe of Reese’s Chewy Chocolate Cookies!!! Yum Yum YUM!!!!! Just the right amount of EVERYTHING! I changed the recipe just a bit by decreasing the amount of granulated sugar and adding dark brown sugar..and I added the chilling element….it turned out great!! :)) You will NOT be sorry!
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- ¾ cup cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- a pinch of salt
- 1¼ cups butter, softened at room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 pack (1⅔ cups) Reese's Peanut Butter Chips
- Preheat oven to 175 degrees C (350 degrees F). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Sift the flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a mixer, beat the sugars and butter until creamy, about 3 minutes.
- Add the eggs one at a time beating well after each addition. Stir in the vanilla.
- Gradually add the sifted dry ingredients and beat until just incorporated.
- Finally add the peanut butter chips and mix with a spatula.
- Option: Wrap the cookie dough in a plastic wrap and chill for 30 minutes.
- Roll the dough into 1½-inch balls and place on baking sheet about 2 to 3 inches apart.
- Bake in preheated oven for 10 - 12 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 10 minutes in the baking sheet. Gently remove from the baking sheet and place on cooling rack to cool completely.